MeSy® maintains its own laboratory for rock mechanics and rock physics at the Bochum site, which meets national and international standards. Close cooperation with the engineering geology/rock construction and experimental geophysics working groups at the Ruhr University Bochum means that a wide range of laboratory tests can be offered.
Among other tests, the following can be carried out:
- Determination of basic physical properties such as density, permeability, porosity and water content.
- Determination of the velocity of elastic waves
- Uniaxial and triaxial deformation and fracture tests with servo-controlled testing machines
- Shear tests on interfaces
- Determination of tensile strength
- Determination of abrasivities and decomposition resistances
Our services include sample preparation, data evaluation, graphical presentation and reporting.
A summary of the possible tests including the current price list can be found in the download below.
Our expert staff will be pleased to assist you with individual tests.
- 2013 Vietor, Klee stress_meas_in_geothermal_well_schlattingen
- 2011 Klee, in_situ_stresses_borehole_blanche, SA
- 2005 Rummel, Klee, developm_groundwater_hard_rock
- 2006 Klee the_euro_hot-dry_rock_proj_tectonic
- Hydraulic Fracture Testing for the Xe Pian - Xe Namnoy HPP