baLCon® – ballistic concrete; ballistic protection systems
baLCon is a newly developed concrete with excellent ballistic protection properties. Projectiles are slowed down and caught without splintering at short penetration depths in the baLCon elements.
- Projectiles are caught and stored in the element
- No ricochets or bounces
- Element remains intact (no crack propagation)
- Minimal bullet cratering
- Environmentally friendly, unproblematic emissions (cement and quartz dust)
- No defragmentation of the projectile (environmentally and safety relevant with regard to pollutants and projectile splinters)
- Reproducible penetration depths of tested ordnance and police ammunition
The baLCon elements (type A, thickness 300 mm) were tested in a laboratory and the requirement of the VPAM guideline PM was met with 5.6 mm Gw Pat 90, 7.5 mm GP 11, 9 mm Pist Pat 14 and 9 mm Action 4.
baLCon elements have a specific weight of approximately 1.05 t/m and are therefore comparatively light. The elements are equipped with transport anchors and, with
a weight of about 50 kg for a 50 cm x 30 cm x 30 cm element, can be carried, laid or installed by 2 people in accordance with the usual work safety regulations.
Bullet trap in the target area & ballistic protection walls
Ballistic protective walls made of baLCon elements are easy and quick to realise. They are suitable both in the target area and laterally along the firing axis.
New possibilities for short-distance and indoor shooting ranges
Safe and also cost-effective projects can be designed with the new, unique possibilities provided by baLCon elements for classic as well as 270° tacting shooting ranges. baLCon elements can be used for the cladding of walls or the division of rooms with little effort and with a high degree of flexibility. The baLCon elements are mounted either self-supported with the Lego principle or as a front-hung façade system with the possibility to easily replace the single elements in heavily used zones. A rubber curtain can be installed to catch possible splinters in regions with direct fire at close range.
Environmentally friendly refurbishment of outdoor shooting ranges
baLCon elements offer new, innovative solutions for the decontamination of bullet traps in outdoor shooting ranges. After the decontamination of the backfill, baLCon elements can be installed as bullet traps. They prevent the re-contamination of the soil. The appearance of the shooting range is mostly preserved. It is also possible to heighten the bullet trap without enlarging the existing earth wall.
Advantages of renovations and upgrades with balCon elements:
- With baLCon elements, upgrades and refurbishments with front panels, dam covers and dam heights can be realised quickly, easily and without great planning effort at manageable costs.
- Current safety and environmental requirements for shooting ranges can be met quickly and easily with baLCon elements.
- The simple installation of baLCon elements enables shooting clubs to carry out their own work.
- Low maintenance costs, baLCon elements can be easily replaced.