hiDCon® is a cement-bound building material that can absorb deformations of up to 50% of its component height under defined loads. It is used in construction to optimise the structure with controlled allowance of deformations or to absorb energy in dynamic applications.
Examples of applications:
- Tunnel construction with compressive or swelling rock.
- Limiting anchor tensile forces
- Infrastructure constructions in creep slopes
- Deformation absorption under thermal effects (icing)
- Deformation absorption under dynamic load
Convergent shotcrete lining with high load-bearing capacity
In 2004, the first tunnel section was equipped with the highly deformable hiDCon® concrete elements. The beam elements were installed in the shotcrete lining to support the rock while allowing controlled convergence of the tunnel. The hiDCon® elements have been continuously developed and a number of applications, mostly in compressive or swelling conditions, could be realised.
Modular squeeze system
The most important properties of hiDCon® elements:
- High deformation capacity with almost constant load resistance
- Increasing load resistance at the end of the deformation capacity
- Variability of shape and dimensions of the crush elements
- Control of load-bearing and deformation properties
- Use of approved base materials
- Insignificant creep with constant long-term loading
High ductility - high stress level
are generated by
- the high-strength concrete matrix with porous aggregates
- specially formed reinforcement with fibres
- and controlled closing of the pores with prevented lateral expansion until material consolidation (e*)