Moglicë, FO Leakage Monitoring
Moglicë dam, located in Albania, is a 167 m high rock fill dam with a centrally placed asphalt core and with a crest length of approximately 360 m. Construction of the dam started in October 2016 and the impoundment was completed in April 2020. The dam is constructed of river gravel and quarried limestone. The upstream and downstream slopes of the dam are both: 1(V):1.5(H).
Details of the Fibre Optic Monitoring System
The Moglicë fibre optic leakage detection system is focused on three areas of the dam:
- A lower perimeter cable, to provide monitoring of the potential seepages across and/or beneath the gallery and plinth,
- An upper cable which is specifically placed at EL.620m to detect seepage across the asphalt core in case of rupture as
a result of a strong earthquake and displacement of the upper part of the dam,
- A vertical cable array on the downstream side of the cutoff and grout curtain to monitor the effectiveness of the foundation
treatments beneath the upper left abutment.
GTC Case Study
- 2015 Temperature Monitoring of Multiple Borehole Heat Exchangers
- 2017 DTS Fabritius
- 2016 Dornstädter, Retrofit
- 2015 Dornstädter, LEAKAGE DETECTION TEMPERATURE AS A TRACER
- 2015 Dornstädter, Temperaturmessung im Wasserbau – Sichere Überwachung von Dämmen und Deichen seit mehr als 60 Jahren
- 2014 Dornstädter, Full Automatic Leakage Detection at Ilisu Dam by the Use of Fibre Optics
- 2011 Aufleger, Distributed fiber optic temperature measurements in embankment dams with central core – new benchmark for seepage monitoring
- 2010 Heske Der Enhanced-Geothermal-ResponseTest als Auslegungsgrundlage und Optimierungstool
- 2010 Dornstädter In Situ Detection of Internal Erosion
- 2009 Aufleger DFOT monitoring in CFRDs – Technical gimmick or useful complementary monitoring system?
- 2021 New solutions for remote monitoring of pre-cast concrete service reservoir and sludge lagoon